With the James Burn EX610DA automatic binding punch, you can increase productivity to an unheard of level, all while producing perfect-quality punched documents of all kinds. The "DA" in EX610DA translates to "double action" and means that this powerful unit features two punching mechanisms for dual-end punching at the same time. This means you can have a Wire-O® die installed into one side, and a nail hole punch die installed into the other, so you can punch both at the same time, effectively doubling your productivity by cutting the time it previously took in half.
Ideal for print shops and binderies that handle calendar work, the EX610DA will do it all at variable speeds up to 125,000 sheets per hour*. The speed is easily adjusted with a hand crank, which allows for fine-tuning and customizing for your operator's individual abilities, as well as the paper stock and specific job application. You can adjust the speed from 30 to 120 cycles per minute* with this crank without effecting the continuous use of the machine.
Continuous use means that this machine will run for as long as you need it to without any down time. The unique feed table and trays allow you to set up one full stack up to 18" thick to be punched, and as it runs, set up another stack to take its place as soon as it is complete. The paper you punch travels through the machine automatically, being pulled by the best technology in the industry and jogged with 4-sided inner joggers for perfect punch placement registration. An air-assist picking beak blows a puff of air into the stack as it grabs your pages, which ensures that even your statically charged sheets don't have any feeding problems. The picking beak comes in two different styles for versatility: either the standard peak for basic paper stocks, or the separator beak for thicker or more unique stocks. Your stack of paper can include mixed stocks of all kinds up to 2.5 mm thick without having to re-set or adjust the machine between the sheets, and the sheets are kept in perfect order throughout the punching process; this means you can pre-collate your documents and rest easy knowing they will be collated upon exit.
The James Burn EX610DA double action punch has two options for the exit of your pages, so you can choose the best option for your specific needs. The pile high stacker option will create a perfectly square stack of your punched pages that automatically lowers as it fills. Once it hits the floor, you can roll the mobile tray out and place an empty one in (two are included with this option), so you don't have to stop the machine while you move the punched sheets to the binding station. The second option is a conveyor belt, which will shingle your punched pages so they are not perfectly square, and release them into an easy-to-handle line. Your operator can then grab sets of documents and move them to the binding station. The conveyor also allows for variable speed, so you can set it to suit your operator and job. Pair your EX610DA industrial punch with the high speed BB50H wire binder, the CB30QS automatic coil inserter, or other binding machine of your choice for the fastest binding solution in its class.
Another great feature of the EX610DA is the versatility of the machine. It uses standard EX610 punching dies, which come in a huge selection of punching patterns for different binding styles. Some of the most popular patterns include 3:1 and 2:1 pitch for Wire-O® with round or square holes, 4:1 pitch for spiral binding plastic coils in round or oval holes, rectangular holes for plastic comb, and many more. We can also custom manufacture dies to meet your exact specifications, so you can earn the business of even those very unique customers, never having to say "no" to a client again. You can also add optional accessories to the machine to expand the capabilities even further, including the tab pushing devise to work with mixed index tab stocks collated into your stack, and the bottom feed board unit to allow for punching of cardboard sheets.
If you want the speed and volume allowance of the EX610DA, but don't need the double action punching, then consider the standard EX610 machine as an alternative. Or if you want to punch cardboard sheets, then consider the EX610 Duplex machine.
EX610DA Punching Dies Available: Click here to shop the variety of EX610DA punching dies available.
• Wire-O® Twin-Loop Wire Bindings
• Spiral Binding / Plastic Coil
• Plastic Comb
• Velo Binding
• Three-Hole for Ring Binders
• Custom dies made to your exact specifications
• All dies can be sharpened with our Express Die Sharpening Service
EX610DA Benefits and Features:
• Hands-free operation allows you to load the paper, setup the job, press start, and walk away
• Punching speeds up to 125,000 sheets per hour* with perfectly clean holes for finishing
• Adjustable cycle speeds with crank wheel, up to 8,400 cycles per hour*
• Can be used in single-action configuration or double-action configuration for versatility of options
• There is minimal training required for your operators
• Positive sheet pickup with beak and air-assist (air compressor not included) ensures perfect registration of your pages for perfectly finished punched pages, even paper stocks prone to static
• Punches a wide variety of paper stocks, covers, and tabbed sheets from 4 ¼" x 3 ⅞" up to 24" x 20 ¾"
• Picking thickness allows for sheets up to 2.5mm thick for various paper stocks
• Turnover drum keeps stacks perfectly collated
• All operations and adjustments are simple and quick-to-perform, including die changes
EX610DA Optional Accessories:
• Tab Pushing Device - Allows for punching of index tab dividers with a tab shoulder of 1/4"** (Item# 04JBEX610TABP)
• Nail Hole Punch Kit - Allows the machine to punch a nail hole for wall hanging calendars (Item# 04JBEXNHPK)
• Bottom Feed Board Unit - Allows for punching of cardboard sheets up to 2.5mm thick (Item# 04JBEX610BF)
*May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, operator, and other factors.
**Tabs cannot be run while in double action mode