Fastback Perfectback Softback Cover Bound Books Kit
- Make short-run perfect bound books in a flash
- Pair Perfectback TA Strips, Creaser, Model 20, and In-House Printed Soft Cover
- Make beautiful flexible covers with your graphics and bind quickly
- Simple operation, easy for anyone to bind their own books
- Free Shipping $75+
Make beautiful paperback-bound books with all of the essentials found in this Fastback kit. This system is ideal for short and large-run perfect binding when the industrial alternative would be too expensive to run. To bind, just use the Perfectback TA strips to hold your book block together, then use the creaser to crease your in-house printed cover, then bind-in your book block (with the adhesive strip) into the cover. The last step is to finish your book as you would a normal paperback book, with your cutter on each of the three edges. In only a couple of minutes, you have a professionally-bound softback cover book.
What you need:
- Your Own Printed Wrap-Around Cover
- Your Own Printed Book Block Contents
- Perfetback TA Strips (in applicable width)
- Narrow Width, Holds 3-25 Sheets (Maximum 1/2" Thick Book)
- Medium Width, Holds 126-250 Sheets (Maximum 1" Thick Book)
- Wide Width, Holds 250-350 Sheets (Maximum 1.5" Thick Book)
- Fastback Model 20 Binding Machine
- Fastback Creasing Machine
- Stack Paper Cutter
How to make a paperback book with Fastback:
- Print your book block contents and softback cover in-house using your own equipment and supplies.
- Bind your book block by placing the stack into the Model 20 binding machine and inserting the TA Strip.
- This bind finishes in about 15 seconds; move the pages to the cooling station once complete.
- Once cooled, pull off the front and back pages that were attached to the TA strip.
- Crease your softback cover to-size using the Fastack Creasing Machine.
- Place your book block into the creased cover and place it back onto the Model 20 to bind.
- Move to the cooling station and allow to completely cure before handling.