Fastback Hardcover Guide
|Manufacturer||Fastback (Powis Parker)|
|Manufacturer Item #||HCG2|
|Warranty||6-Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty|
|Dimensions||20.75" W x 3.125" H x 14" D|
How to Make a Hardcover Book in Less than 1 Minute
Using the Fastback 20 and Super Strip
What you Need:
- Fastback 20 Binding Machine
- Hardcover Guide
- Fastback Hardcovers
- Your printed book block pages
How to Bind:
- Place your book block pages into the Fastback 20 system and insert your Super Strip. The bind is completed in just about 15 seconds.
- Move your book block to the cooling rack and allow the glue to finish curing.
- Place your hardcover shell onto the Hardcover Guide and align to the edges, pressing the lock tab down to hold it in place.
- Pull back about a 1-inch strip of the lining on the inside cover.
- Line up your strip-bound book block into the guide atop the cover and carefully press onto the exposed cover adhesive; press down to attach.
- Lift the remainder of the book block and peel the rest of the liner off the cover.
- Press the rest of the book block against the exposed adhesive and press down to apply.
- Remove the entire hardcover liner on the opposite cover.
- Close the cover slowly, taking care to align the book block properly with the cover.
- Release the Hardcover Guide locking tab. Open the covers and rub the inner liner on both sides to ensure it is fully connected.
The Fastback Hardcover Guide is designed to be used as a part of the Fastback Hardcover system. In conjunction with the Fastback Model 9 or Model 20 binding systems, this Assembly Guide allows you to create bookstore-quality hardcover books in only about one minute. These stitch-free innovations make true on-demand publishing available to everyone. Publishers can now offer any book they have ever printed on an as-needed basis. There are no remainder copies to worry about. Schools can let students create their own commercial-grade yearbooks, safely. And, manufacturers can produce photo books without messy gluing, sewing, or wire stitching.
- Professional Results - Produce premium hardcover books that match commercially-manufactured books in quality and durability.
- Easy to Use - It only takes a few minutes to learn to use the Fastback Hardcover System. Anyone can be up and in production immediately.
- No Set-Up - Whether you make one book, or one thousand, there is never any set-up, so there is never any waste.
- Saves Money - Produce only as many books as you need. The system is inexpensive to operate, so can be used for both short and long production runs.
- Protected - Includes a 6-month manufacturer's warranty