Royal Sovereign RSL-2701 27" School Roll Laminator (Discontinued)
Sorry, but Royal Sovereign RSL-2701 27" School Roll Laminator (Discontinued) is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
• Variable Speed & Heat Settings
• 1" Core Films
• 7.9 Feet / Minute Maximum Speed
|Manufacturer Part Number||RSL 2701|
|Power Voltage||AC 100V, 60Hz|
|Dimensions||36.2” x 20.5” x 12.6”|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited (Parts & Labor), 6 Month Rollers|
|Speed||7.9' / Min (Feet per Minute)|
|Heating Type||4 Silicone Rollers|
|Warm-Up Time||10 Minutes|
|Maximum Mil Thickness||5 Mil|
|Temperature Range||210˚ - 310˚F (98˚ - 154˚C)|
|Core Size||1" Core|
|Capable of Mounting||No|
|Stand-By / Power-Save Mode||Yes; After 30 Minutes Inactivity, Hold temp of 175˚ F|
|Auto-Shut Off||Yes; After 60 Minutes of Inactivity|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||133|
|Product Weight (lbs)||110|
|Shipping Dimensions||44.5” x 29” x 21”|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
The RSL-2701 from Royal Sovereign is an ideal laminator for schools and education organizations that need the ability to laminate basic documents, posters, signs, and more. This affordable machine is easy to use and offers trouble-free laminating with the use of any 1" core thermal film up to 3 mil thick and 27" wide. It offers premium silicone rollers for consistent, even heat from edge-to-edge, and allows for double- or single-side lamination. Adjustable heat and speed settings with 10 selections each let you adjust the machine to your specific application requirements, and a reverse switch lets you control and prevent jams. With the Royal Sovereign RSL-2701 lamination machine, you can create the look of a professionally laminated items without the expense or time associated with outsourcing. It will produce your documents as quickly as 7.9 feet per minute, a respectable speed for a laminator of its size.
How to Load Film
The first step to laminating is to, you guessed it, load the film! Make sure you choose a compatible lamination that is no wider than 27", has a 1" core, and is no thicker than 3 mil. Once you have your thermal laminate ready, here is how to install it on the RSL-2701. Be sure to check our videos tab for help, as well as the official manufacturer's instruction manual, which offers these same instructions with drawings and figures.
- Slightly slide the upper film shaft to the right and pull it out from the machine.
- Take both lock core adapters off from the shaft.
- Insert one of the core adapters into the right end of the film core. For film with poly-in (adhesive side is inside the web), make sure the adhesive side is facing upward.
- Insert the film shaft into the roll of film from the right side with the copper end last. Align and insert the core adapter on the left end of the film core.
- Center the film on the shaft and lock it in place with the locking core adapters.
- Carefully return the film shaft back into place.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 above for the lower roll film.
- Once the upper and lower film is on the shaft, pull the film from the top and roll down to the bottom roll to make certain that the film is aligned properly. Then tighten the lower locking core screws. Note that if the film is not aligned properly exposed adhesive will adhere to the rollers and may cause the film to jam
Film Webbing / Threading
- Set the temperature and speed according to the Recommended Temperature and Speed section.
- Remove the Front Table.
- Pull down the upper film over the Safety Cover to the lower film; align and center the lower film to upper film.
- Rewind the upper film until the film aligns with the Safety Cover.
- Thread the film over the Upper Idle Bar and underneath the Safety Cover and pull down until it drapes over both upper and lower hot rollers.
- Carefully pull up the laminate from the lower roll up and drape it over top of the upper film (over the top hot roller).
- Reinstall the Front Table and close the Safety Cover.
- Insert and push the leader board into the hot rollers and press the run button.
- Press the Stop button when the leader board has completely exited the rear of the laminator.
- Use the Cross-Cutter to remove the leader board.
- Trim any excess film off of the leader board. The leader board can be re-used.
The most common issues users may encounter are easily resolved with these troubleshooting tips. Remember to always refer to the user manual and your warranty details before performing maintenance or repairs, or contact an authorized service provider or trained mechanic.
|Rollers do not operate after the|
RUN/STOP button is pressed
|a. Safety cover is open|
b. Power cord not plugged in
c. Front table not on properly
d. Machine not turned on
|a. Ensure cover is closed properly|
b. Ensure plugged in properly
c. Ensure table on properly
d. Turn on the machine
|Machine not heating up||Call your authorized dealer|
|Cloudy lamination||a. Film tension not balanced|
b. Lower idler bar not in proper position
c. Temp too cold/speed too fast
|a. Adjust tension|
b. Push bar into proper position
c. Increase heat/slow down speed