Challenge Spartan 185AEP 17.5" Automatic Programmable Paper Cutter (Discontinued)
Sorry, but Challenge Spartan 185AEP 17.5" Automatic Programmable Paper Cutter (Discontinued) is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
The Challenge Machinery Spartan 185AEP is the top-of-the-line cutter in the 185 series. It offers the same 17 ½" wide and 3" thick paper cutting capacity as the other 185 Spartan cutters, but features intuitive job programming and a digital hand wheel for faster back gauge control. The job programming is simple to use, even for novice users. The digital hand wheel means you don't have to crank a wheel to close the clamp; instead, just turn the dial toward the right or left. The back gauge location is indicated on a display screen and a bright red LED cutting line shows you exactly where the blade will hit your paper. Accuracy, strength and safety are still predominant features of this professional paper cutter, making it an ideal choice for any on-demand environment including printing shops, copy shops and anyone else with medium to high-volume cutting needs. The clean design of the cutter looks great, while the powerful motor and unique blade gibs offer a virtually maintenance-free solution. An automatic clamp is depressed onto your stack when you press the cutting buttons, offering a 3.6 second clamping and cutting cycle. Once the cut cycle is complete, the safety shield will automatically open so you are ready to insert your next stack. To keep all operators safe, the machine won't clamp or cut when the shield is open. In addition, cutting activation is performed with dual-buttons, which ensures no hands on the table at the time of the cut. This cutter is one of the most production-friendly and efficient options on the market. Buy the Challenge Spartan 185AEP automatic paper cutter online and receive a free stand with rolling castors, two blades, three cutter sticks, one paper jogging block, a tool kit and a knife change safety holder.
|Manufacturer||Challenge Machinery Company|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CMC-185AEP|
|Included Supplies & Accessories||1 Stand with Casters, 2 High Speed Steel Knives, 3 Cutting Sticks, 1 Jogging Aid, 1 Tool Kit, 1 User Manual, 1 Knife Change Safety Holder Assy|
|Power Voltage||120V 60Hz, Single Phase AC|
|Speed||3.6 Seconds (Clamp & Cut)|
|Dimensions||41" L x 32-1/4" W x 52-3/4" H|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Limited 1 Year Parts|
|Cutter Capacity*||3" Thick Stack (About 750 Sheets)|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||707|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
The Challenge Spartan 185-AEP Electric Semi-Automatic Paper Cutter is a sleek, strong, 17 ½" table-top machine perfect for the professional office, copy center, in-plant, and on-demand printing environments. Holding true to the Challenge tradition, the Spartan 185-AEP,is engineered and manufactured to the highest of safety standards available in the world. Safety shields cover the front and rear tables. The front-side cut buttons require two hands to simultaneously activate the cut cycle.
Spartan 185-AEP Programmable Cutter Features:
- Electric Power Clamping: Generates over 3000 lbs (1,360 kg) of clamping force
- Independent Clamping Function: Allows for a "clamp only" operation
- Electric Powered Backgauge: Controlled by the electronic console with handwheel for micro adjustments
- 3" Lighted LCD Display: Displays backguague location with ±0.01” (±0.1mm) backgauge accuracy - provides for easier operator interface, higher productivity, and easier repeatable accuracy than a hard to read indicator on a scale as is used with other brands.
- Programmable: Operator friendly software uses soft key menu prompts for easy programming. During a program the 3" LCD displays up to 5 consecutive cuts to aid the operator in navigating a job.
- Program Memory: 20 programs with 20 cuts per program
- Automatic Pushout Safety Feature: Backgauge automatically pushes stock out from under the clamping area before moving to a longer cut dimension.
- Laser Red LED Cut Line Light: produces a bright easy to see cut line.
- Safe: two-hand push button controls and front and rear table safety shields.
- Auto-Releasing Front Safety Shield: automatically pops open after each cut cycle is completed. This unique benefit eliminates the need for the operator to manually lift the front shield in order to retrieve or adjust the stock after a cut providing increased productivity and operator ease-of-use.
- Durable: Heavy-Duty steel, cast iron, and cast aluminum construction gives the cutter "Challenge" durability.
- Maintenance Free: the LED cut-line light and UHMW Gibs result in the SPARTAN 185 being virtually maintenance-free with lifetime durability. UHMW Gibs on front and back of knife bar require zero maintenance and have lifetime durability. It also eliminates lubricant on knife bar that can spoil stock.
Challenge Spartan 185 Series Cutters | Overview | Binding101
All three of these guillotine-style automatic cutters benefit from the following features: A “floating fingers” push bar that prevents paper from being trabbed beneath the... Read More
All three of these guillotine-style automatic cutters benefit from the following features: A “floating fingers” push bar that prevents paper from being trabbed beneath the back gauge. Exclusive maintenance-free knive bar gibs that are highly wear resistant. A bright LED cutting line that shows you exactly where the blade will hit your stack. External knife height adjustments for safe and easy modifications. A see-through enclosed rear table for operator visibility safety. And more…
The 185SA Semi-Automatic model features a manual clamping mechanism controlled by a hand wheel on the top of the machine. The back gauge control is adjusted by rotating wheels on the front of the machine. The 185A automatic model features an automatic clamp that depresses when you activate the blades, eliminating that manual step. The back gauge is still controlled with a hand wheel on the front of the machine. Both the 185SA and 185A feature an easy-to-read LCD digital displays that will show you imperial or metric measurements of the back gauge position as it moves.
The 185AEP has a digital hand wheel that allows for swift and simple maneuvering of the back gauge into position for increased productivity. It provides intuitive job programming for quick recall of common jobs, and machine diagnostics – both of which make it simple for even the most novice user to work with the machine.
The Spartan 185 Series Cutters can power through stacks up to 3” thick and 17 ½" wide, as fast as 2.6 seconds per cycle, depending on the model.
To keep your operator protected, they feature an auto-releasing tilt shield on the front table. When open, the clamp and blade cannot be activated, so it is impossible for your users’ hands to be near the mechanisms. The two-hand activation buttons also means that your operator cannot even leave a hand on the table while cutting.
For more information about the Challenge Spartan 185 series cutters, or to order yours, visit binding101.com or call the number on your screen.