Horizon PC-P430 17" Electric Paper Cutter
|Manufacturer Part Number||PC-P430|
|Included Supplies & Accessories||2 Access Keys
1 Knife Removal Tool & Protective Sheath
1 Cutting Blade
1 Cutting Stick
1 Power Cord
|Power Voltage||115 V, 60 Hz|
|Speed||4 Seconds / Cycle|
|Dimensions||26 ⅗" W x 29 ¹/₁₀" D x 14 ⅕" H|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Manufacturer's Limited|
|Cutter Capacity*||⁹/₁₀" Thick Stack (About 225 Sheets)|
|Narrow Cut||2 ¹⁷/₁₀₀"|
|Length Behind Blade||15-7/20₀"|
|Clamp Pressure||Fixed, Spring-Operated|
|Cutter Memory||No Memory|
|Safety Features||Dual Push-Button Activation
Plexiglas Safety Cover
Key Activated Power Switch
|Product Weight (lbs)||150|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||205|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
If you've been searching for the perfect desktop electric cutter for your small business, church, school, copy shop, or desktop publishing studio, then take a look at the PC-P430; the perfect cutter for your needs, manufactured by the world renowned Horizon (also known as Standard Horizon). This compact tabletop cutting machine has been manufactured to replace the old PC-P43 cutter, and features many upgrades and enhancements that make it more accurate, easier to operate, and safer to use. Popular in many countries, this electric paper cutter is heavy duty enough to handle frequent, daily, stack cutting needs of small shops and studios of many kinds. It is convenient and very reliable, with an included (limited) manufacturer's warranty of 1 year. Whether using for cutting stacks of paper before binding, mailing, or finishing in other ways, or using for trimming already bound soft cover (perfect bound) book edges, the PC-P430 is a great electric paper cutter. It will cut paper widths up to 17" and stacks up to just under 1" thick (officially rated for ⁹/₁₀" thick stacks of paper*).
• Illuminated Cutting Line - Clearly identifies exactly where the blade will cut, allowing for an extremely precise finish and clear view on your application where the blade will hit the stack.
• Two-Hand Push-Button Operation - Makes this cutting machine simple and easy to operate with less manual controls, and protects your operators by requiring both hands for activation.
• Automatic Paper Clamp - When the buttons are press, the automatic clamp applies equal pressure across the entire width, holding the paper in place for a clean and accurate cut.
• Side-Mounted Back Gauge Adjustment Wheel - Makes setting the cutting position of the back gauge paper stop simple and accurate.
• Self-Retracting Push Bar on Back Gauge - The built in back gauge push bar is self-retracting after each cycle and helps the operation reposition and removed trimmed paper easily and safely.
• Built-In Storage Drawer - A drawer at the base allows for convenient storing of accessories, paper, and more.
• Digital Cycle Counter - Will count and keep track of your job quantities. This counter is lockable and re-settable, and can also serves as a guideline for when you need to replace your blade.
• Action & Trouble Indicator Lights - Indicators for "action" and "trouble" will keep you informed.
• Innovative Blade Design - No re-sharpening is required with the innovative, self-sharpening blade design. Just replace the blade once it wears down.
• Two-Hand Push-Button Activation - Ensures safety, as two hands are required to activate the clamp and blade. Releasing either button gives the operator precise control to stop the cutting cycle and retract the clamp and blade to the starting position.
• Plexiglass Safety Covers - Keeps the cutting zone enclosed on both the front and back tables, providing further safety for the operator. The cutter will not activate when the front shield is lifted. Hinged for easy lifting and access to the materials.
• Key-Activated Power Switch - The key lockout feature prevents non-authorized users from running the cutter. Two keys are included with the machine.
How to use the Horizon PC-P430 Cutter
• Place your key into the machine, and turn the key into the on "I" position.
• Place your paper stack onto the table and use a jogging block to square it to the back gauge.
• Use the wheel on the right side of the machine to move the back gauge, using the measurement scale on the table and the optical cutting line to position it where you want the cut. You can also use the notch on the center of the back safety shield to move the paper forward quickly, so you can use the dial for the more specific measurements after the paper is in the general area it needs to be.
• Close the safety shield, and use both hands to press the activation buttons. Note that if the safety shield is left open, the blade will not activate, even when both buttons are pressed; it must be closed to ensure operator safety.
• Open the safety shield and remove your cut sheets.
To Change the Blade
• Twist the compartment lock on the right side of the cover to access the blade.
• Use the included knife removal tool to grab the blade and pull out slightly. There is a notch on the edge of the blade that the tool will grab onto.
• Slide the included blade sheath onto the blade simultaneously as you pull it out of the cutter. This covers the sharp edge so there is no danger to the operator changing it out. You can continue pulling with the tool, or use your hand on the same notch for more control.
• Discard of the blade in a safe way, and then place the sheath onto your new replacement knife, repeating the steps in reverse...use the tool to get into place, and close the shield, twisting shut.
*May vary depending on paper stock