HIX N-680D Automatic 15" Clamshell Press
|Operating Method||Automatic with Air Pressure|
|Power Voltage||120 V|
|Certifications||ETL-US, ETL-Canada, CE|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year (Parts), Lifetime (Heating Element)|
|Heat Press Type||Clamshell Press|
|Platen Size||15" x 15"|
|Adjustable Pressure||Fully Adjustable Pressure Control (Pneumatic) Up to 89 PSI of Inline Pressure.|
|Heat Press Capacity||Up to 3/8" Thick|
|Temp Control||Adjustable to 450°F (232°C)|
|Temperature Read Accuracy||Displays Current Temperature|
|Heat Press Timer||Digital Timer (Adjustable up to 99 Minutes, 59 Seconds)|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||126|
|Shipping Information||Chipping Dimensions: 41" x 21" x 15"|
The N-680D is an air operated heat transfer machine with a 15" x 15" heat platen. When the upper platen is lowered by hand, It will trip a micro switch just before closure, and the machine will take over applying your preset pressure. At the end of the preset time, the heat press will open automatically for you. This heat press helps reduce operator fatigue in long production runs. It is also very useful in heavy traffic tourist retail shops where numerous garment types, such as sweats and t-shirts, are continuously being produced. Because it is air operated, you can set the amount of pressure on the machine and it will adjust automatically to the product no matter what the thickness of the substrate! The N-680D features a digital timer that is adjustable up to 999 seconds, shows time countdown on readout, beeps after elapsed time, and resets when handle is raised. The calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450F and displays the current temperature. You can easily set the air pressure with the knob and see the psi reading on the gauge. With the pre-press release, you can start pressing your garment before applying the transfer to get the wrinkles and them push the button to open the machine so you do not have to wait for the set time to count down. It is a stop cycle switch that will release the upper platen at that moment.
Air Compressor Requirements for the N-680D:
Supply a clean (void of oils) and dry (void of water) air source of 100-125 P.S.I. (6.8-8.5 bar) to the 1/4" NPT air inlet of the machine. Requires 1-1/2 to 2 CFM. It is strongly recommended that an external air filter and water trap to be installed at the machines's air inlet connection. Damage to the machine's internal air operated components can occur that will not be covered under warranty if it is determined that water, oil or other contaminants have damaged the component. Combination air filter/water traps are available at any major hardware store or may be purchased from us.
- Heavy duty, even heat press platen.
- Push the handle down slightly and the air assist takes over, applies the set psi pressure, then will auto release on its own when the time has elapsed.
- Just set the air psi and no other pressure adjustment is needed in between products of different thickness.
- Digital timer is adjustable up to 999 seconds and shows time countdown on readout.
- Calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450F (232C) and displays the current temperature.
- Release button allows you to open up the platen before the time has elapsed so that you can press out wrinkles.
- Utilizes a gas shock air assist system.
- Applies all types of transfer paper on items up to 3/8" thick.
- Press opens a full 40 degrees for easy placement of heat transfer substrates.
- Optional Shuttle System allows you to layout a product and transfer while another is transferring.
- Air compressor and water separation trap required.
- Weight - 126 pounds
- Lifetime warranty on heating element and 1-year warranty on components.
- ETL-US, ETL-Canada, and CE certified.
Reasons why the HIX N-680D Air Operated Press Offers Great Productivity
- Because the HIX air operated presses are a clamshell design (the top moves up and down) the only energy that you use is the very minimal effort required to pull the top down. This is much faster than the two-hand “button pushing” required by a swing-away air automatic. If you have hundreds of items to heat press in one day, your arms, shoulder and back will thank you.
- Because pressure is always automatically controlled and regulated by air from the compressor, pressure stays the same regardless of what is in the press. For example, if the transfer you are applying calls for 31 PSI (pounds per square inch), it will stay the same for a thin T-shirt, a thicker sweatshirt or even a thick jacket. This saves a tremendous amount of time! Here’s another example. Very small items (like baby onesies, tote bags, breast pocket areas, sleeves, etc.) often require putting a small piece of mouse pad under the area to be pressed (so you can avoid seams, snaps, etc.). With an air automatic you don’t have to change anything. With an air automatic you don’t have to change pressure manually.
- The pre-press switch is a valuable feature, used to open the press when you choose, if you want to press a shirt for just a few seconds, to get rid of moisture and wrinkles.
- Because the lower platen is elevated over the bottom base, it is very easy to pull a shirt over the lower platen (like an ironing board), do one side, pull it off the press, reverse it and then pull it back on to press the other side. Being able to quickly and easily do both sides of a shirt is a big competitive advantage.
What makes the HIX aN-680D Air Operated Press Dependable?
- First, HIX has manufactured air operated presses for decades. They have the manufacturing process, nailed! If you ever hear someone complaining about their press, it probably isn’t a HIX.
- Second, because these presses are often used in very high volume shops,special attention is given to moving parts. Long lasting pneumatic air cylinders (fed by your air compressor) lift the upper platen. The air valve that controls the “lift” of the bottom platen is reinforced for faster claming speed and bushings are installed at hinge points for durability.
- Third, the machines are ETL Certified (the Electrical Testing Laboratory is an independent testing organization) and approved for electrical safety and each machine is mechanically tested for performance, before it leaves the factory.