If you are looking for a heavy duty paper punching machine for binding that is capable of handling large sized jobs in a production facility or print shop, then the Rhin-O-Tuff HD7500 Heavy Duty Electric Punch is right machine for you. In this in-depth review we will examine the HD7500 Punching Machine, explaining what makes it great, as well as where it could be improved upon.
- • Durability: The HD7500, like all Rhin-O-Tuff punching equipment, is made of only heavy duty parts that are built to last, even under the extreme stress that goes along with a high production environment.
• Versatility: The HD7500 has the capability to bind in 12 standard punching patters, or up to 20 non-standard punching patters, with just a simple switch of the die.
• Speed & Efficiency: The HD7500 has one of the highest sheet punching capacities on the market, powering through a stack of paper consisting of as many as 40 sheets of 20lb paper. This eliminates the number of punches needed to complete one book, dramatically increasing the speed and efficiency.
• Disengageable Pins & Open Throat: The HD7500 features fully disengageable pins so that you do not end up with half of a hole when doing sheet sizes other than the standard 8.5” x 11” letter size documents. The open throat allows for punching of documents larger than the 14” wide.
• Hands Free Operation: The HD7500 is operated using a foot pedal, allowing the operator use of both of their hands during the entire punching process.
- • Margin Depth Control: The HD7500 has a set margin depth that cannot be adjusted.
• Diameter Guide: The HD7500 does not feature a diameter guide, which is a little tool that helps you determine what size binding supplies you will need based on the thickness of your book.
Specifications and Features:
- • Model: HD7500
• Manufacturer: Rhin-O-Tuff (Performance Design Inc.)
• Punching Method: Electric
• Punching Format: Horizontal
• Maximum Punching Capacity (20lb paper): 40 Sheets
• Maximum Binding Edge: 24”
• Open Ended Throat: Yes
• Disengageable Pins: Yes
• Operation: Foot Pedal
• Dimensions: 21" x 21" x 19"
• Shipping Weight: 108 lbs.
The Rhin-O-Tuff HD7500 24" electric binding machine was designed for high volume users such as mid-sized binderies, printers, copy shops, in-plant print shops and large organizations that bind large documents, such as calendars. The HD7500 Punch offers the ability to quickly change punching patterns simply by sliding out one die and sliding in a new one. This machine is known for its rugged industrial construction and is designed for medium volume production environments where productivity is essential.
The Rhin-O-Tuff HD7500 gives you the opportunity to punch with a variety of different binding methods, including Wire-O Double Loop Binding, Spiral binding Plastic Coil Binding, Plastic Comb Binding, 3-Hole Punching for binders, and 11 Hole Hot-Knife VeloBind Strip Binding. You can expand your business by simply purchasing these HD7500 punching dies - making this the perfect all-in-one binding machine for higher volumes of document binding. The die changing mechanism is simple, and can be done in just seconds with the patented quick change die system. There are no tools required for the change, eliminating the possibility of misplacement and the stress and time consumption of screwing and unscrewing a part.
If you have more questions or need more information about the HD7500 heavy duty binding punch, please give us a call at (866) 537-2244 to speak with an expert.
About the Author • Mallory Morsa is the product expert and content specialist at Binding101, and has been a valued team member since 2008. She started her career here in customer service, moved onto sales supervisor, product management, and then onto content. She takes a hands-on approach to products, and truly gets to know how every item works before she writes about them, with a goal to give you all of the honest information you need to make a confident buying decision. She has a bachelor's degree with a focus on management and marketing, and has been a writer, photographer, and videographer for many years. In her free time, she loves to read by the pool, volunteer at the local animal shelter in the kitten nursery, and snuggle her three furbabies while she binge watches Netflix.