Matte Gold Metallic Toner Foil Fusing Roll (1 Roll)
- Add brilliance to your documents.
- Will stick to the dry toner that is used in most copiers and some select laser printers (does not work with wax-based inks).
- Offer a consistently bright and vibrant solid color.
- Available in large variety of colors that gives you the versatility you want.
|Color||Matte Gold Metallic|
|Roll Size: Varies (Choose Above)|
|Core Size||1/2", 1" or 3"|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||3|
What is Foil:
Foiling is the process of adding a metallic foil to paper* to create a bright and vibrant finished piece. These Matte Gold Metallic Foil Fusing Rolls are perfect for DIY'ing your own wedding invitations, creating business cards that will really set you apart, making prints to frame and hang on the wall, and so much more. They are priced affordably compared to other brands, making them the premier choice for print production facilities and re-sellers --such as print and copy shops-- as well. These reactive foil rolls feature a toner adhesive on the back that will stick to the dry toners used in most copiers and some laser printers*. These metallic toner offer a solid and opaque foil color. Foiling is a great way to create wedding invitations, award certificates, craft projects, business cards, letter head and anything else that could benefit from bright metallic color accents.
What Machines can Foil:
You can use a foil fusing machine to apply consistent heat (to activate the adhesive) and pressure (to ensure a clean and consistent application). Other heat machines, such as pouch laminators, may work as well, however, may require more heat testing and adjusting to get a perfect finished print. Here are some important considerations for various methods of foil fusing:
|Method/Machine||Pouch Laminator||Roll Laminator||Foil Fuser|
|Roll Size||Any Size. Pieces of foil are|
cut off the roll before applying.
|Varies on machine width||Varies on machine width|
|Core Size||Any Size. Pieces of foil are|
cut off the roll before applying
|Varies on machine core||May vary by machine;|
most use a 1" core roll
|Heat||Minimum heat requirement: 300° F|
Higher is recommended
Adjustable is recommended
|Minimum heat requirement: 300° F|
Higher is recommended
|N/A; Specifically made for foil rolls|
|Speed||Adjustable speed is highly recommended||Adjustable speed is highly recommended||N/A; Specifically made for foil rolls|
How to Foil
The method you use to foil will vary significantly based on the kind of machine you are using; a foil fuser, a roll laminator, or a pouch laminator. We have several blogs and resource posts about foil, including instructions for various methods. Click here and search the word "foil" to browse our foil blogs.
* The adhesive applies well to smooth paper stocks of a variety of thicknesses. It does not, however, create a solid/consistent look on textured papers. The adhesive on the back of these foil rolls sticks to dry toner only; it will not work with wax based inks from laser printers. Compatible machines require certain features; they must be able to reach at least 300°F, have adjustable speed and temperature settings, have a core size that matches the roll core (if using a fuser or roll laminator), and be the proper width for your machine. If using a roll laminator, the machine must also have a film rewind feature. Other variables may factor into compatibility.