12" Pro Lam PL-1200HP Pocket Rocket Roll Laminator with Stand
The PL-1200HP roll laminator by Professional Laminating Systems (also called Pro Lam) offers unmatched lamination speeds up to 17 feet per minute, premium quality output that is ideal for the professional printing market, and the ability to maximum all mil thicknesses up to 10 mil, all in one, compact unit. Known also as the Pocket Rocket laminator, this machine can also mount prints onto foam board up to 1/4" thick. It has a small 12" width, which allows for fast lamination at print-quality levels of the most popular sizes including letter and legal sized sheets and smaller. It includes a slitter system that allows for automatic trimming while you laminate, eliminating that time consuming final step. When you buy the 12" Pro Lam PL-200HP roll laminator online, you get a free stand with castors for an ideal working height and mobility.
• Capable of One-Side and Two-Side Laminating
• Capable of Mounting (Up to 1/4")
• Variable Speed & Heat Settings
• 18 Feet / Minute Maximum Speed
• Works with 3" Core Films
• Compact Design
|Manufacturer||Professional Laminating Systems, Inc. [Pro Lam]|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PL-1200HP|
|Included Supplies & Accessories||2 Micro-Adjustable Slitters
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Thermal Laminating Film (3" Core, up to 15 Mil)
Mounting Boards (Up to 1/4" Thick)
|Power Voltage||120 V, 60 Hz, 16 Amps, 1,900 Watts
Dedicated 20 Amp Circuit
|Dimensions||Without Stand: 38" W x 20" D x 16" H
With Stand: 38" W x 20" D x 40" H
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited, 3 Month Limited Roller|
|Product Type||Laminating Machines|
|Digital Laminating (Low-Temp)||Yes|
|Speed||18' / Min (Feet per Minute)|
|Heating Type||Silicone Rollers|
|Warm-Up Time||3 ½ Minutes|
|Maximum Mil Thickness||15 Mil|
|Temperature Range||0° - 300° F (148° C)|
|Maximum Roll Length||6" Maximum Roll Diameter (On Stand)
11" Maximum Roll Diameter (Off Stand)
|Core Size||3" Core|
|Capable of Mounting||Yes|
|Maximum Mounting Thickness||1/4" Boards|
|Slitters||Yes, Left & Right Micro-Adjustable Slitters (Additional Slitter Optional for Running Multiple Sheets Side-by-Side)|
|Stand-By / Power-Save Mode||Yes|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||154|
|Product Weight (lbs)||115|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
The Pro Lam PL-1200 Roll Laminator (also known as the "Pocket Rocket") is a 12" wide machine that produces a superb finish and edge seal. It is capable of speeds up to 16 feet per minute and can use films from 1.5 mil to 10 mil thick. It will mount and laminate foam board to 1/4" thick while the warm up time is only about four minutes. The Pro Lam PL-1200 Slitter System allows for a minimum cut as narrow as 3". Additional slitting heads can be added for slitting multiple pages side by side. The temperature sensor, located just below the surface of the laminating rollers, is accurate to within 1° on the digital temperature display. The Pro Lam PL-1200 features analog input controls for the digital temperature control interface, and provides even casual operators a certain "feel" that is often associated with their stove at home.
The Pro Lam PL-1200 features 2 micro-adjustable slitters that offer an extremely accurate and high quality cut. The unique blade angle adjustment allows for a perfect edge cut without curl with the slitting process taking place over the cooling fans. This cools the blade preventing build-up of adhesive on the blade. 4 cooling fans ensure a quick cool, helping prevent waving and bends.
Key features & Benefits
- Quick 3.5 Minute Warm-Up Time - Most lamination machines in this category take at least 15 minutes to warm up, but there is no other machine that can achieve lamination temperatures like the ProLam Pocket Rocket. A quick warm up does more than save you time, it also speaks to the quality of the rollers and heating system in its ability to achieve the proper heat setting across the roller. It also means that this machine isn't competing with your central air system to change the temperature of the room.
- Single-Side & Double-Side (Encapsulating) Lamination - Offering true versatility, you can single-side laminate documents that may not need all-around protection, or that may be mounted or used as window graphics, or you can completely encapsulate your documents with two side traditional laminating. For the best one-sided results, a nylon film is recommended to help prevent curling.
- Thermal & Cold Lamination - With completely adjustable speed settings from room temperature up to 300° F, the PL-1200HP can handle nearly any laminating job you need to accomplish, even those that require pressure sensitive/cold films and heat-sensitive documents, such as digitally printed items.
- Mounts onto Boards - Any mounting board (gator, foam, etc) that is 1/4" or thinner will work with the PL-1200HP from Pro-Lam.
- Cooling Fans - Fast cooling of your documents help to prevent cooling and allow for faster processing speeds. Two high-performance 100 cfm axial fans are integrated into this laminator. This also helps to cool critical components within the machine.
- Welded Steel Stand - Ultra-strong welded steel stand manufacturing ensures a steady and stable working environment for your jobs.It is powder coated with a fine textured finish, and only requires minimal assembly upon delivery. The stand features heavy duty 3" rolling castors for mobility that are lockable in-place.
- Micro-Adjustable Slitters - Exclusive to Pro-Lam, these micro adjustment slitters offer the most accurate cut, quick set up, overload release, blade angle adjustment, and quick-changeout. The slitter is intelligently located near the cooling fans, which ensures it remains cold, helping to prevent adhesive build-up. Additional slitting heads can be added.