Standard Horizon PC-450 17 ½" Semi-Automatic Electric Cutter
If you're looking for a premium-quality electric paper cutter, then you should consider buying the Standard PC-450 semi-automatic electric cutter online today. With a wide maximum cutting width of 17 ½", you can cut your tabloid and ledger 11" x 17" paper with ease. It also has a cutting capacity of up to 2 ¾" thick stack, which is thicker than a ream of copy paper. The PC-450 cutter features a double safety circuit that makes diagnosing precise errors extremely easy and disables the machine until the error is resolved. Front and back covers prevent hands from being anywhere near the blade during cutting, as the cutter will not run while these are open. Two-button activation means both hands are required to operate this paper cutter, protecting your users further. And finally, a key activation power switch means you can limit who has access to the cutter. This array of safety features will protect your operators as well as eliminate unauthorized use. User-friendly controls and a simple operation makes this semi-automatic cutting machine easy to train on, so users can get started right away. Is comes attached to a convenient base that keeps the cutter at an ideal height, while also offering a storage shelf for paper, accessories and more. The PC-450 electric paper cutter by Standard Horizon (also known as Standard Duplicating) is a popular choice for users including quick print shops, in-plant binderies, universities, and anyone else who needs the ability to cut thick stacks of large paper quickly, efficiently and safely.
|Manufacturer||Standard Horizon [Standard Duplicating]|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PC450|
|Operating Method||Cutting: Electric
Clamp System: Manual [10 kN / 1,000 kgf Max Pressure]
|Power Voltage||Single Phase 115 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Speed||2.8 to 3.3 Seconds / Cycle|
|Dimensions||32.7" W x 35.1" D x 51.2" H|
|Base Footprint||31.5" W x 31.9" D|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited|
|Cutter Capacity*||2 ¾" Thick Stack (About 685 Sheets)|
|Length Behind Blade||17-7/10"|
|Safety Features||LED Cutting Line
2-Button Activation Required
Cutter Disabled when Cover Open
Front & Back Covers
|Product Weight (lbs)||348|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||525|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
The PC-450 electric paper cutter was manufactured by Standard Horizon (also known as Standard Duplicating) and has been designed as a premium-quality, electrically powered cutting machine that is the perfect choice for binderies, in-plant printers and quick-print shops. With the power to cut through stacks as thick as 2.7", you can cut through more than a ream of paper*. The 17 ½" maximum sheet width cutting ability lets you cut through the most popular paper sizes with ease. Several safety features keep your operators safe white user-friendly controls keep the operation simple and training, easy.
Key Benefits & Features:
- Easy Operation - A tension wheel handle with a spoke that is located at the top of the cutter is turned by hand and lets you set the pressure of the clamp. A rotating handle on the front of the machine controls the back gauge and can be adjusted by accurate 0.5 mm (0.019") graduations, and can also be locked into place. The simple press of two buttons on the front of the machine activates the blade.
- Paper Clamp with Special Cutouts - Cutouts on both edges of the clamp press prevent the book spine from crushing.
- Cycle Counter - A digital counter keeps track of the cycle cuts so you can keep track of your jobs, as well as to recommend when the cutting knife may need to be replaced.
- Double Safety Circuit - If an error occurs, the PC-450 will detect the part with the problem, making diagnosing the issue simple. The machine will not run until the error is resolved. An error number will be indicated on the screen and you can refer to the user manual to determin the problem-part.
- Two-Button Activation - The two green cutting buttons at the front of the machine must be pressed simultaneously (at the same time) to activate the blade for cutting. They must be pressed down for the whole cutting cycle; if either of the buttons are released during the cutting cycle, the machine immediately stops and the blade lifts.
- Front & Back Covers - When the front cover is open, the cutter will not activate. A back cover adds extra security to prevent hands and unwanted materials from getting close to the blade itself.
- Key Switch Activation - The power switch has the ability to be key-activated to prevent non-authorized users from being able to use the cutter.
* The average thickness of a ream of paper is 2", however, may vary depending on the paper type