Akiles CoilMac EX Electric Spiral Binding Machine
|Manufacturer Part Number||EX41|
|Suggested User||Medium Office, Large Office|
|Binding Style||Spiral Binding / Plastic Coil|
|Capacity: Punching||25 Sheets|
|Included Supplies & Accessories||Cutter Crimper Pliers|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Plastic Spiral Binding Coils|
|Power Voltage||115 V AC|
|Dimensions||18" W x 16" D x 10" H|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited|
|Punch & Bind Capability||Yes|
|Maximum Binding Edge||13" [With Open Throat]|
|Open Ended Punch||Yes [Allows for Up to 26" Binding Edge]|
|Throat Depth||Adjustable Margin Control|
|Disengageable Pins||Yes, Fully Disengageable Pins [44 Pins]|
|Pitch / Hole Pattern||Spiral Binding 4:1 (Standard)|
|Product Weight (lbs)||50|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||55|
The Akiles CoilMac-EX is an innovative electric spiral binding machine that makes medium-duty coil binding fast and easy. This cost-effective electric binder offers the convenience of electric punching and electric coil inserting, without the high price point of the more production-driven machines. It is built with all the same high-quality and durable parts as the other Akiles machines, but feature a smaller motor that reduces the cost greatly. It is the perfect solution for medium workloads who may bind daily, but not consistently throughout the day**.
- Electric punching, activated by a foot pedal, leaves both of your hands free to handle the documents and can punch through up to 25 sheets* of paper at a time
- Electric coil inserting, activated by an on/off push button, with full-length 11-3/8" rollers for high-friction and durability
- Standard 4:1 pitch with 0.25" between the holes.
- Open punching throat with alignment peg allows for punching sheets up to double the length, taking your maximum sheet length from 13" to 26" by just flipping your book, placing the peg into the last hole to align it properly, and punching your sheets a second time
- U-channel on front of machine shapes your book spine to an ideal curve, making coil inserting easier
- Adjustable side margin control lets you perfectly center your pages
- Punching margin control lets you choose how deep into the book you want your holes set
- Large waste drawer, so you can empty it less frequently
- All-metal construction and quality parts make this machine very durable
* Based on 20# bond copy paper. May vary depending on what paper stock is used. It is not recommended to punch the full capacity 100% of the time (this is true for all punching machines).
** The CoilMac-EX is built with quality parts, but is not meant to run all day and needs to "rest" after every 3 hours of use to prevent overheating.
*** For coil sizes larger than 1", we recommend an electric inserter that has and adjustable roller, such as the Finish-@-Coil E1. The stand-still roller on this machine will insert all coil sizes, however, it gets more difficult with larger coils.