James Burn BB400SP Speedbind Automatic Inline Punch with Split Punch & Wire-O Binding Machine
|Manufacturer Part Number||04JBBB400SP|
|Binding Style||Wire-O Binding|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Wire-O® Spools|
Board Feeder (Item# 04JBBB400BF)
Nail Hole Punch (Item# 04JBBB400PPHP)
3:1 Pitch Wire-O® Punching Die (Item# 04JBBB400P31R)
1/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT14)
5/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT516)
3/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT38)
7/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT716)
1/2" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT12)
9/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT916)
5/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT58)
3/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT34)
7/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT78)
1" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT1)
|Power Voltage||220v 3-Phase, 60Hz, 30A|
|Dimensions||12’ 10” L x 4’ 11” W x 6’ 3” H (126" W x 59" D x 75" H)|
|Punch & Bind Capability||Punching & Binding|
|Setup Time||15-30 Minutes, Depending on Operator|
|Paper Size||4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"|
|Accepted Paper Type||No Stock Limitations|
|Selectable Speeds||9 Speed Settings (Setting 4 is Lowest Recommended Speed)|
|Speed*||Between 1,500 to 3,000 Documents per Hour|
|Maximum Punching Thickness||8 mm (Split Binding)|
|Skip Binding||Unlimited (Minimum 2 Loops per Skip)|
|Air Compressor Requirements||5 Bar, 500 l/min (Dry Air)|
|Control Panel||Standard Control Panel|
|Control Panel Notifications||None|
|Special Training Required||Requires Installation & Training|
Requires Operator with Mechanical Ability to perform Changeover, Set Up, & Machine Adjustments.
|Product Weight (lbs)||2320|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||2320|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
For the best automatic Wire-O® punching and binding machine on the market, buy the James Burn BB400SP Speedbind online today. This powerful piece of bindery equipment will punch your pages, cut the wire to size, insert the wire, close it into a perfect circle, and lay the finished books onto a convenient conveyor. Manufactured as a part of the new James Burn line of improved machinery, it packs the same power and precision as the BB400 and BB400P, but features double the punching capacity of the BB400P, allowing for documents up to 8mm thick. It is the perfect wire binding unit for high-demand printing and binding facilities, and requires only one operator to run. It will handle 3:1 and 2:1** pitch Wire-O® binding spools as well as SnakeSkin® wire up to 1" diameter. The in-line punch creates perfectly spaced holes, and has removable individual pins for different sheet sizes. The Speedbind BB400SP by James Burn will create the highest quality output, protecting your relationships with clients, and helping you gain new business. It will help you increase productivity, reduce labor costs often associated with other machines, and offer a quick return on investment. Call our official James Burn experts at (866) 537-2244 or email email@example.com to learn more or request a price quote. You can also compare this unit to see how it stands against other popular James Burn machines on this comparison chart.
BB400SP Speedbind Key Features:• Maximum punching thickness of 8 mm with split binding features
• Simple control panel for job setup
• Fully automatic punching and binding is completed with just 1 operator
• Binding speeds up to 3,000 documents per hour, depending on the application and operator, making it one of the fastest automatic wire machines in its category
• Handles paper sizes from 4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"
• Handles 3:1 pitch Wire-O® from 1/4" to 9/16" and 2:1 pitch** Wire-O® from 5/8" up to 1" diameters
• Compatible with Wire-O® spools and SnakeSkin™ Wire-O®
• Ideal for various wire binding applications, including calendars
• Unlimited skip binding with 2 loop skip minimum
• Handles flush cut documents, over-sized covers, and tabbed sheets
• Mechanical adjustments, insertion guide, and closing tool changes are completed from the front of the machine
• Automatically feeds back covers for desktop calendars and turns them around after closing and before moving to the reception conveyor
• Small overall footprint to take up less space on your operating floor than other comparable machines
Optional Add-On Accessories:• Nail Hole Punch: Punches nail hole for wall hanging calendars.
• Board Feeder: The board feeder is a station that can be added to the machine. A stack of hard covers are loaded into the feeder, and it will automatically load them one at a time while the operator loads the book block. This eliminates the need to collate the covers with the rest of the book ahead of time.
• Punch Dies: 3:1 and 2:1 Pitch** Wire-O® Punching Dies.
• Closing Tools: Available in sizes from 1/4" to 1".
Document Binding Steps/Processes:• The operator positions the documents onto the left side of the machine
• The document is jogged by gravity
• The document is punched
• The document is transported to the wire feeding section
• The wire element is cut to length and fed
• The wire element is inserted into the document
• The document moves to the closing station
• The document is stacked on the reception exit conveyor *May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, operator, and other factors.
**2:1 pitch wires mush be punched offline on a different machine.
The BB400 is a bind-only system that will cut, insert, and close wire on your pre-punched books. The BB400P features this in addition to an inline punch that lets you punch documents up to 4mm thick. The BB400SP features all of the above, but with a split punch feature that separates your stack to be punched in two sections, allowing for double the punching capacity of 8mm thick documents.
Yes, the BB400SP will accept the nail hole punch accessory add-on, which allows you to punch your wire books and add that hole for wall hanging calendars as-needed.
Installation and training will be performed upon delivery of your machine. The machine operator should have some mechanical background, as the setup, size change overs, and machine adjustments will be easier with this knowledge. Or if not the operator, it is recommended that you have someone with this capability on-staff.
Skip binding is a feature that will insert multiple pieces of wire into a single binding edge, so there is more versatility in the punching edge.