James Burn BB400P Speedbind Automatic Inline Punch & Wire-O® Binding Machine
|Manufacturer||James Burn International|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ILBB400P US|
|Binding Style||Wire-O Binding|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Wire-O® Spools|
Board Feeder (Item# 04JBBB400BF)
Nail Hole Punch (Item# 04JBBB400PPHP)
3:1 Pitch Wire-O® Punching Die (Item# 04JBBB400P31R)
1/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT14)
5/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT516)
3/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT38)
7/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT716)
1/2" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT12)
9/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT916)
5/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT58)
3/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT34)
7/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT78)
1" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT1)
|Power Voltage||220v 3-Phase, 60Hz, 30A|
|Dimensions||12’ 10” L x 4’ 11” W x 6’ 3” H (126" W x 59" D x 75" H)|
|Punch & Bind Capability||Punching & Binding|
|Setup Time||15-30 Minutes, Depending on Operator|
|Paper Size||4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"|
|Accepted Paper Type||No Stock Limitations|
|Selectable Speeds||9 Speed Settings (Setting 4 is Lowest Recommended Speed)|
|Speed*||Between 1,500 to 3,000 Documents per Hour|
|Maximum Punching Thickness||4 mm|
|Skip Binding||Unlimited (Minimum 2 Loops per Skip)|
|Air Compressor Requirements||5 Bar, 500 l/min (Dry Air)|
|Control Panel||Standard Control Panel|
|Control Panel Notifications||None|
|Special Training Required||Requires Installation & Training|
Requires Operator with Mechanical Ability to perform Changeover, Set Up, & Machine Adjustments.
|Product Weight (lbs)||2320|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||2320|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
The BB400P is a premium, automatic Wire-O® punching and binding machine that was manufactured as a part of the new and improved line of James Burn industrial equipment. Specifically intended for the high-demand printing and binding markets, this system features an in-line punch that will punch and fully bind 3:1 and 2:1* pitch wires up to 1" using either traditional Wire-O® binding spools, or the SnakeSkin™ Wire-O®. It will punch through documents up to 4mm thick and offers perfect results that will impress your clients and protect your business relationships with them. With the James Burn BB400P Speedbind automatic wire binding machine, you can increase productivity, make life on your operators easier, and produce the highest quality of wire bound books without paying the price point. Designed for speed, efficiency, simplicity, versatility, and high-quality output, the BB400P makes a great addition to any high-production environment. Call our experts at (866) 537-2244 to learn more, or use this comparison chart to see how it stands up to other similar machines.
BB400P Speedbind Key Features:• Binding speeds up to 3,000 documents per hour, depending on the application and operator, making it one of the fastest automatic wire machines in its category
• Simple control panel for job setup
• Fully automatic punching and binding is completed with just 1 operator
• Maximum punching thickness of 4 mm
• Handles paper sizes from 4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"
• Handles 3:1 pitch Wire-O® from 1/4" to 9/16" diameters
• Compatible with Wire-O® spools and SnakeSkin™ Wire-O®
• Unlimited skip binding with 2 loop skip minimum
• Handles flush cut documents, oversized covers, and tabbed sheets
• Small overall footprint to take up less space on your operating floor than other comparable machines
• Mechanical adjustments, insertion guide, and closing tool changes are completed from the front of the machine
• Ideal for various wire binding applications, including calendars
• Automatically feeds back covers for desktop calendars and turns them around after closing and before moving to the reception conveyor
BB400P Speedbind Binding Process:• The operator positions the documents onto the left side of the machine
• The document is jogged by gravity
• The document is punched
• The document is transported to the wire feeding section
• The wire element is cut to length and fed
• The wire element is inserted into the document
• The document moves to the closing station
• The document is stacked on the reception exit conveyor
Optional Accessories:• Board Feeder: The board feeder is a station that can be added to the machine. A stack of hard covers are loaded into the feeder, and it will automatically load them one at a time while the operator loads the book block. This eliminates the need to collate the covers with the rest of the book ahead of time.
• Nail Hole Punch: Punches nail hole for wall hanging calendars.
• Punch Dies: 3:1 Pitch Wire-O® Punching Dies.
• Closing Tools: Available in sizes from 1/4" to 1". *May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, operator, and other factors.
**2:1 pitch wires mush be punched offline on a different machine.
The BB400 is a bind-only system that will cut, insert, and close wire on your pre-punched books. The BB400P features this in addition to an inline punch that lets you punch documents up to 4mm thick. The BB400SP features all of the above, but with a split punch feature that separates your stack to be punched in two sections, allowing for double the punching capacity of 8mm thick documents.
Yes, the BB400P will accept the nail hole punch accessory, allowing you to punch your wire books and add that hole for wall hanging calendars as-needed.
Skip binding is a function that will insert multiple pieces of wire into a single binding edge, so there is more versatility in the punching edge.
While the operator him/herself will not necessarily need to have mechanical experience, some mechanical background is required to perform setup, die change overs, and some machine adjustments. Whether your operator themself is capable of this, or you have a mechanic on-staff to handle it, will depend on your plant employment.