James Burn BB400 Speedbind Automatic Wire-O® Binding Machine
|Manufacturer Part Number||BB400|
|Binding Style||Wire-O Binding|
|Compatible Supplies & Accessories||Wire-O® Spools|
Board Feeder (Item# 04JBBB400BF)
1/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT14)
5/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT516)
3/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT38)
7/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT716)
1/2" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT12)
9/16" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT916)
5/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT58)
3/4" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT34)
7/8" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT78)
1" Closing Tool (Item# 04JBBB400CT1)
|Power Voltage||220v Single Phase 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||10’ 6” L x 4’ 11” W x 6’ 3” H (126" W x 59" D x 75" H)|
|Punch & Bind Capability||Binding Only|
|Setup Time||15-30 Minutes, Depending on Operator|
|Paper Size||4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"|
|Accepted Paper Type||No Stock Limitations|
|Selectable Speeds||9 Speed Settings (Setting 4 is Lowest Recommended Speed)|
|Speed*||Between 1,500 to 3,000 Documents per Hour|
|Skip Binding||Unlimited (Minimum 2 Loops per Skip)|
|Air Compressor Requirements||5 Bar, 500 l/min (Dry Air)|
|Control Panel||Standard Control Panel|
|Control Panel Notifications||None|
|Special Training Required||Requires Installation & Training|
Requires Operator with Mechanical Ability to perform Changeover, Set Up, & Machine Adjustments.
|Product Weight (lbs)||1985|
|Shipping Weight (lbs)||2178|
|Shipping Information||This item ships via Truck (Common Carrier). It is the responsibility of the Consignee (receiver) to remove the product from the truck. If you do not have a loading dock or any other means to lift the freight off the truck and/or you need assistance bringing the product inside of your location please call (866) 537-2244. Click here for full details.|
With the James Burn BB400 Speedbind automatic wire binding machine, you can increase productivity, make life on your operators easier, and produce the highest quality of wire bound books without paying the price point. Whether you are working with traditional Wire-O® binding spools, or the SnakeSkin™ Wire-O®, the BB400 industrial bindery machine will get the job done with perfect results, and little effort. It is a part of their new and improved line of high-demand binding equipment and has been specifically manufactured for speed, efficiency, simplicity, versatility, and high-quality output. Compare the BB400 to other machines on this comparison sheet, or call our James Burn experts at (866) 537-2244 to learn more.
BB400 Speedbind Key Features:• Binding speeds from 1,500 to 3,000 documents per hour, depending on the application, making it one of the fastest automatic wire machines in its class
• Easy to use control panel for job setup
• Fully automatic binding completed with just 1 operator
• Handles 3:1 pitch Wire-O® from 1/4" to 9/16" and 2:1 pitch Wire-O® from 5/8" up to 1" diameters
• Compatible with Wire-O® spools and SnakeSkin™ Wire-O®
• Unlimited skip binding with 2 loop skip minimum
• Maximum punching thickness of 8 mm
• Handles paper sizes from 4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" up to 15 ⅝" x 15 ⅝"
• Handles flush cut documents, oversized covers, and tabbed sheets
• Small overall footprint to take up less space on your operating floor than other comparable machines
• Mechanical adjustments, insertion guide, and closing tool changes are completed from the front of the machine
• Ideal for various wire binding applications, including calendars
• Automatically feeds back covers for desktop calendars and turns them around after closing and before moving to the reception conveyor
BB400 Speedbind Binding Process:• The operator positions the documents onto the left side of the machine
• The document is jogged by gravity
• The document is transported to the wire feeding section
• The wire element is cut to length and fed
• The wire element is inserted into the document
• The document moves to the closing station
• The document is stacked on the reception exit conveyor
Optional Accessories:• Board Feeder: The board feeder is a station that can be added to the machine. A stack of hard covers are loaded into the feeder, and it will automatically load them one at a time while the operator loads the book block. This eliminates the need to collate the covers with the rest of the book ahead of time.
• Closing Tools: Available in sizes from 1/4" to 1". *May vary depending on sheet size, paper stock, operator, and other factors.
Skip binding is a function that will insert multiple pieces of wire into a single binding edge. It is most commonly used for calendar making. Since the BB400 does not work with calendar hangers, it is a feature that often goes unused in this particular model.
The BB400 is a bind-only system that will cut, insert, and close wire on your pre-punched books. The BB400P features this in addition to an inline punch that lets you punch documents up to 4mm thick. The BB400SP features all of the above, but with a split punch feature that separates your stack to be punched in two sections, allowing for double the punching capacity of 8mm thick documents.
One of our trained specialists will perform instillation and training when you buy the BB400. Your operator will need to have some background and mechanical experience to use this machine, as the changeover, setup, and machine adjustments will require it.