Applying foil to invitations, certificate, awards and more can now easily be done at home or in the office. Foil can be adhered to applications by using specific models of pouch laminators. Binding101.com offers a variety of pouch laminators ranging from 4" up to 13" wide. For foiling at home or in the office, use the instructions below to help you get started.
You Will Need:
- A pouch laminator with variable heat and speed settings. Must be able to reach a temperature range of 250°-300° F & be able to handle 10 Mil Pouches.
- A laser printer or photocopier that uses toner, and not wax based ink, (the foil will not adhere to waxed based inks)
- A roll of toner receptive foil
- A pair of scissors
- A laminating protective pouch carrier
Laminator Foiling Steps:
- Warm up your laminator. The temperature for foil fusing will need to be quite high (usually between 250°-300° F).
- While your laminator is warming up to the appropriate temperature, you will need to prepare your document for foiling.
- Print your document for foiling using a copier or laser printer.
- Cut a piece of foil off the roll in the appropriate length and width.
- Place the piece of foil over the printed area where you want to add foil and carefully put the item into a laminating pouch carrier. If the foil moves at this point the foiling process will not be successful so you will need to be careful.
- Now that you laminator is warmed up to the correct temperature you will want to take your pouch carrier with the document and foil in it, and feed it through the laminator. The heat from the pouch laminator will cause the foil to bond to the toner on your sheet and the foil will be transferred.
- Once the document comes out of the other side of your laminator, you will need to remove the excess foil and allow the document to cool.
Keep in mind that foiling using a pouch lamintor will work better with some stocks than with others. Additionally, the speed and temperature of your laminator will make a big difference. You may need to try several different settings before you get the right combination.
What our customers are saying...