Wire binding, popular among graphic designers, offers a stylish metal finish. This traditional method of binding secures pages so that they cannot be modified without de-binding the book. Books bound with Wire-O® lay flat and the sheets are able to turn 360°, making it the perfect solution for calendars and notebooks. Holes are available in round and square. The Wire-O® supplies are available in 10 different colors and sizes ranging from 1/4" up to 1-1/4". The wire can be bent out of shape so this is not the favorable choice for heavy usage and or mailing.
Product Tips 101:
Standard Wire-O® Colors:
Brochures, reports, manuals, calendars, notebooks, marketing material, photo albums, scrapbooks, etc...
- A variety of color options custom colors available in large quantities
- Books lay flat
- Pages turn all the way around
- Can be cut in house to any length
- Perfect Registration
- Will crush under abuse
- Higher costs
- Cannot reuse the wire elements once they have been removed
- Requires two different hole patterns to use full range of sizes
Hole Pattern (Pitch):
- 3:1 3 round or square holes per inch. Available in sizes 1/4" up to 9/16".
- 2:1 2 round or square holes per inch. Available in sizes 1/4" up to 1-1/4".
- Punch sheets using specific 3:1 or 2:1 pitch wire binding machines
- Place back cover on front
- Insert wire into sheets
- Place wire binding edge into wire closer
- Close wire
- Flip back cover to the back, which will hide the binding seam
Equipment Comparison Charts:
Example of Wire-O Binding:
What our customers are saying...