Plastic comb binding is a traditional, economical, and simple binding method. Made of PVC, the combs consist of a spine of round rings that spread open for sheet inserting. The rings fit into rectangular holes along binding edge. The standard length of a binding comb is 11" and has 19 rings. Additional and custom lengths are available. 16 different diameters are available ranging from 3/16" up to 2". Combs are round in sizes 3/16" up to 1". 1-1/4" and larger combs are oval shaped with 3 locks to hold rings together. The comb spines can be imprinted with titles, company names, logos, etc...
Product Tips 101:
Standard Plastic Comb Colors:
Brochures, reports, manuals, cookbooks, documents, proposals, presentations, etc...
- Widely available
- Imprinting of spine for customization
- Can add or remove pages
- Can reuse spine after removed from book
- Can be cut in house to any length
- Facing pages align
- Wide range of diameters
- Fewer standard color choices
- Pages cannot be turned all the way around (360°)
- Pages slightly step up when turned
Hole Pattern (Pitch):
- Rectangular plastic comb pitch. Available in sizes 3/16" up to 2"
Example of Plastic Comb Binding:
What our customers are saying...